Socorro General Hospital accepts most major insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Presbyterian Health Plan. If you have questions about coverage, payment plans, or financial assistance, please contact your insurance provider or our business office. Selected insurance that we accept are noted below.
|Aetna (All Plans)|
|BCBS-NM (All Plans)|
|Beech Street Network|
|CapStar Health Services (Caprock)|
|ChoiceCare Network (Humana)|
|Cigna Behavioral Health|
|Coventry (including the Mailhandlers Benefit Product)|
|Evolutions Healthcare Systems Network|
|First Health Network|
|GEHA (PPO USA Network)|
|Health Management Network (HMN)|
|Indian Health Pueblo of Isleta|
|Indian Health Services|
|OptumHealth Transplant Solutions – URN (Kidney Transplants)|
|PHCS Network (Private Healthcare Systems)|
|Presbyterian Health Plan (All Plans)|
|Presbyterian Health Plan (Behavioral Health National Network)|
|Presbyterian Health Plan (Medical National Network)|
|Select Provider Network (SPN)|
|Tricare (administered by United Healthcare)|
|United Behavioral Health / OptumHealth|
|Medicare Advantage Products|
|Aetna Medicare PPO|
|Amerigroup Medicare (Amerivantage)|
|Care Improvement Plus|
|Humana Medicare employer Group PFFS|
|Humana Medicare PFFS (Humana Gold Choice)|
|Humana Medicare PPO (Humana Choice)|
|Molina Medicare HMO (Moline Medicare Options)|
|Presbyterian Medicare HMO (Behavioral Health National Network)|
|Presbyterian Medicare HMO (Medical National Network)|
|Presbyterian Medicare HMO (Presbyterian Senior Care Plan)|
|Presbyterian Medicare PPO (Behavioral Health National Network)|
|Presbyterian Medicare PPO (Medical National Network)|
|Presbyterian Medicare PPO (Presbyterian MediCare PPO)|
|UnitedHealthCare Medicare Advantage Community Plan|
|UnitedHealthCare Medicare Advantage Medicare Solutions Dual Complete|
|Managed Medicaid/Centennial Care|
|Blue Cross/Blue Shield Centennial Care|
|Molina Centennial Care|
|Optum Health of NM – Behavioral (for Centennial Care programs)|
|Presbyterian Centennial Care|
|Presbyterian Centennial Care (Behavioral Health National Network)|
|Presbyterian Centennial Care (Medical Health National Network)|
|UHC Community Plan |
To maintain our ability to provide the best healthcare possible to New Mexicans, the following payment expectations apply for non-emergency services for both insured and uninsured patients seeking care at Presbyterian-owned facilities. In the event of an emergency, Presbyterian will provide the necessary medical treatment regardless of one's ability to pay.
Important: If your insurance is not in the Presbyterian Healthcare Services network, you must obtain prior authorization for all services. Prior authorization is not a guarantee of payment or a guarantee of an in-network benefit. Patients outside of their primary network may be subject to a higher co-pay/deductible. Call your insurance provider directly to confirm coverage.
- For insured patients: Your deductible, copayment and/or co-insurance, if applicable, are due at the time of service. A deductible is the amount you must pay before your benefit plan starts paying any portion of your medical services. After your deductible is met, you may have to pay a copayment (a set dollar amount) or co-insurance (a percentage of the cost) for your medical care. Some plans do not require a deductible. Please refer to your benefit plan documents for the amounts that you must pay for different services. If you are scheduled for a non-emergency medical procedure or surgery, we may contact you before your appointment to provide you an estimate of your cost and to collect your copayment, deductible, and/or co-insurance.
- For uninsured patients: You will be asked for payment in full. Presbyterian offers uninsured patients a 25% discount on all services. We will provide you an estimate of the cost so you are able to make an informed decision as to whether or not you would like to proceed with the requested services.
- Financial Assistance: Financial assistance and counselors are available to our patients who are uninsured or underinsured, and have difficulty paying for care. Presbyterian offers payment options, including payment plans for those who qualify and charity assistance. If you would like information about our financial assistance policy, please call 505-841-1406.
- Presbyterian hospitals and clinics (including Presbyterian Medical Group) accept cash, checks, debit and credit cards for payment.
- If you are unable to pay on the day of your appointment, or earlier if requested, we can reschedule your appointment.
- If you are approved for payment arrangements, you must pay according to the agreement terms. If you do not pay according to your agreed upon commitment, your account will be considered delinquent and will be subject to additional collection terms. Please note this may include the inability to schedule future appointments with your physician, as well as referral to an outside collection agency. This action may impact your credit status.
For help understanding whether your plan is contracted with Socorro General or answers to other billing-related questions, please contact:
Socorro General Hospital Business Office